Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- SEO Company Caught By Client Using Google Support Forums
It is not uncommon to find SEOs asking other SEOs questions in the SEO discussion forums. But it is not everyday where you find the clients of an SEO coming in an asking questions about their own site, only to find out that his SEO previously asked the same question in the same discussion forum, to the same people. That is exactly what happened, as pointed out by Autocrat in a Google Webmaster Help thread.
- Is Microsoft Bing Slow At Malware Reviews?
There is almost nothing worse than a malware warning for a webmaster or SEO to see in the search results. You can have top rankings in a search engine, but if your listing is labeled to be harmful and the search engine warns users not to visit the site, it can be devastating. That is why Google and the other search engines offer malware reviews, either in their webmaster tools section or via a form.
- Google News Mobile Now Defaulting To Desktop Version For Some
Google has confirmed in a Google Mobile Help thread that many mobile users of Google News will be redirected to the desktop version. Some people already began noticing it and Google's Robin has confirmed it saying: Hi folks - As you've noticed, we're switching around the Google News site a bit. Let us know what you think about using the desktop site vs. the old mobile version! I am not sure if this applies to
- Most Annoying Google Search Results? Empty Answer Sites
Remember a little back Matt Cutts of Google posted that he wanted the Google search results to remove empty review sites from the listings? Recently, during my Google searches, I have been landing on sites that have answers, but require you to login and pay to view those answers. This has happened to me several times over the course of the week, but let me share one example with you. I was looking on how
- Bing & Yahoo Can't Tell Time in Tehran, Iran
Did you know that both Yahoo and Bing cannot tell the time in Tehran, Iran? A Bing Community thread points out the issue with Bing. Let me share with you searches for [time tehran] from Google, Yahoo, Bing, Ask and Wolfram - you will notice that both Bing and Yahoo are off. Bing shows 3:55pm: Yahoo also shows 3:55pm: Google, Ask & Wolfram Alpha all show the correct time, as 4:55pm: I am not sure
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Google's Marissa Mayer Talks About Real Time Search, WebmasterWorld
- AdWords system maintenance on Saturday, July 11th, Google AdWords Help
- Blogger Gets 1st Page Ranking on Google For Porn, Sphinn
- Does Google sell AdWords ad positions?, Google AdWords Help
- Finding Duplicate Content with Free Tools, Sphinn
- NY Times: "Bing is Better" than Google, WebmasterWorld
- Passing Over Page Value Problem, HighRankings Forums
- Resolved: Data feed processing delays, Google Base Help Forum Announcements
- Yahoo Using Nofollow on Enhanced Results, WebmasterWorld