In this week's video recap, we discuss the July Google webmaster report, a lot has happened over the past 30 days. Google may have had a PageRank quirk. Google penalized the porn industry and then reversed it. Google is messing with international search filters. Many of you like the new Bing commercials. Bing tries real-time search with Twitter answers. Microsoft adCenter has a quality based ranking team. Google announces the new AdWords API, v2009. Google has payment issues with Australian AdSense publishers. Selling SEO before the site is developed, is not easy. Google insults their top forum help contributors. Have a wonderful July 4th weekend! That was this past week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here or to see the YouTube version in higher quality, click play at hit "HD."
Some Of The Topics Discussed:
- July 2009 Google Webmaster Report
- Google's Recent PageRank "Technical Quirk"?
- Google Search Spanks The Adult Porn Industry?
- Google Reverses Adult/Porn Site Penalties
- Searchers Want "Pages From [Country]," Google Might Drop It
- 60% Of Our Readers Like The Bing Commercials
- Bing Adds Tweets Answers But How Real Time Is It?
- Bing's Quality Based Ranking Team for adCenter
- Get Ready For The Google AdWords API v2009
- Google AdSense Australian Payments Not Being Issued
- Offering SEO Before The Site Is Developed
- Google's Support Forums Member Status Glitch