In this week in search, I discuss how Matt Cutts of Google's statements on the nofollow attribute used for PageRank sculpting has sent shock waves through the industry. I discuss that topic for a while, so you may want to listen to it. Yahoo Search had a confirmed algorithm and index update. Google's search snippets can be dangerous and might even get you sued. Microsoft launched Bing early, people like it but it wasn't added to Google Analytics, doesn't seem to support the NOODP tag and hijacked IE6 users. AdWords is testing a very neat feature named Bid Simulator. Google Local Business Center added nice analytics. Google Square is live, what should SEOs know about it. SMX Advanced was this passed week, don't miss the live blogging. That was this past week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here or to see the YouTube version in higher quality, click play at hit "HQ."
Some Of The Topics Discussed:
- Are Blogs Doomed With NoFollow PageRank Sculpting Issue?
- Yahoo Search June 2009 Update?
- Google's Dangerous Search Result Snippets
- Should Webmasters Be Responsible For Google's Snippets?
- Microsoft Takes New Search Engine, Bing, Live Early
- Google Analytics To Add Bing to Search Engines Report
- Is Bing Not Honoring NOODP Tag?
- Bing Hijacks IE6 Toolbar Search, Google Users Upset
- Google AdWords Testing "Bid Simulator"
- Detailed Look At Google's New Local Business Center Analytics
- Google Squared Is Live: What SEOs & Searchers Need To Know
- Live Blog Coverage of SMX Advanced 2009