Like every month, we try to provide you with a Google webmaster report on what is going on with Google over the past month, in terms of the SEO perspective. You can read the April 2009 report, in case you missed it.
A WebmasterWorld thread reports a scary silence in the Google results. Some are a bit worried that things aren't moving around in the rankings as they normally do. But some webmasters are noticing shuffles, but not all.
Tedster does add an interesting point:
I also see "more associative search results" - maybe the effect of the approach outlined Google patent. It does get frustrating when an experienced user of search can't count on seeing precise results, even by using quoted phrases, plus signs and the like.
Here are the most important stories in this topic over the past few weeks:
- Google Replaces Comments Bubble with "Review This Site" Link
- Google Maps Merging Competing Business's Local Information
- Is Google's Geo Targeting Off In Web Search?
- Google Confirms One Line Sitelinks (Aka Classic Sitelinks)
- How To Verify My Google Profile
Forum discussion at WebmasterWorld.