Due to the Passover holiday, I am only posting a text recap for the past week's coverage here at the Search Engine Roundtable.
Google is making local queries more generic. There was link building prior to Google, see my write up on it, with Eric Ward's excellent comment. AdWords employee may have stepped over the line, ShoeMoney sues. Google testing a Twitter ad unit? Google ups the competitive ad filter. Publishers are still optimistic about earning potential. Amazon ditches affiliates who use search ads. Google is the newspapers best friend. Easter logos are hard to find.
- Google Gets Generic on Local Web Search Queries
- Link Building Pre-Google Days
- Google AdWords Employee Allegedly Breaks Trademark Rules, Sued by SEM
- Bad Idea: Google AdSense Twitter Units: Twitter Streams in AdSense
- Google Boosts AdSense Competitive Ad Filter To 500
- Optimism Abounds For Some Despite Adsense Earnings Drop
- Amazon Says No To Search Ads From Affiliates
- Why Are Newspapers Complaining? Danny Sullivan Shows The Hard Truth
- Easter Logos From Search Engines But Not Google or Yahoo
Next week, I hope to post a video recap.