In this week's recap, I discuss Yahoo's new CEO, Carol Bartz. I talk about how the recession is impacting Google. Google is testing out longer descriptions in the search results. Google Sitemaps gets credit for faster crawling and indexing. Google made a new Sitemap generator. Google is consistently showing search ads on image search. AdSense publishers had the optimization reports. The AdSense competitive ad filter doesn't work. Yahoo Publisher Network might be bust. Yahoo turns on the content network for some. If your Google Sitelinks disappear, do you freak out? I have screen captures of the new YouTube ads. Finally, I share the poll results, over 1,100, on Google's new favorite icon. That was this past week in search from the Search Engine Roundtable.
Make sure to subscribe to our video feed or subscribe directly on iTunes to be notified of these updates and download the video in the background. Here is the YouTube version of the feed (note: If YouTube shows a video not found message, just refresh the page and play it again, it is a YouTube bug):
For the original iTunes version, click here
Some Of The Topics Discussed:
- Carol Bartz To Take CEO Role At Yahoo, Decker On Out
- Google Starts Cutting Projects, Employees & Offices
- Google Showing Longer Descriptions For Longer Queries
- Survey Says: Google Sitemaps Gets Credit For Faster Indexing
- Google Creates Traffic Based Sitemaps Generator
- Google Now Consistently Showing Ads on Image Search?
- AdSense Publisher Find Optimization Reports To Be a Waste of Time
- Publishers Feeling Screwed By Google AdSense Competitive Ad Filter
- The End of Yahoo Publisher Network Nearing?
- Yahoo Search Marketing Now Turning On Content Network? Yahoo Says No
- Google Sitelinks Disappear? Should You Worry?
- Screen Captures: Promoting Videos at YouTube Through YouTube Ads
- Poll: Do You Like Google's 2009 Fav (Browser) Icon?