Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Does Google AdWords Monitor Landing Pages?
- Removing Bad Keywords Improves Your Google AdWords Quality Score
With all the hype about the new Google AdWords Quality Score, Google Groups is providing useful tips on how to improve your score and to keep it high. It's helpful, AdWordsPro.Sarah suggests, to do an account cleanup. Look into your keywords and clean up those that are not performing well. They shouldn't be there. If you have keywords that also have 0% CTR and a few impressions, you should also remove those. All of these
- Can Inbound Links Come in Too Quickly?
A WebmasterWorld discussion (paid subscription required) touches upon the fear of penalties with too many inbound links. As many people realize that original content and original research really does help garner those inbound links, sites that provide exhaustive information can really get a lot of inbound links in a short period of time. The webmaster in question is seeing about 100 links a day. Could that raise a red flag and mess with rankings? Most
- How Long Did Your Google Reinclusion Process Take?
Most SEO companies out there have been involved in submitting and waiting on at least one reinclusion or reconsideration request with Google. Not to say that you had a client that was penalized by Google but maybe you had a new client that switch to you after being penalized and you had to 'clean up the mess.' How long did it take you to get reincluded after submitting the reconsideration request with Google? If you
- Google Webmaster Tools Slower In Reporting Than Google Cache
A Google Groups thread has a webmaster questioning the date shown in Google Webmaster Tools that shows the "Home page crawl" summary. In short, the data may be older and slower to update than other tools you have in your arsenal. Google's JohnMu, confirmed that. Here is a screen capture of Google Webmaster Tools for this site: Here is a screen capture of the Google cache for this site: Both were taken almost exactly the
- Google AdWords API Will Support KeywordMinCPC Reporting
A Google Groups thread reported a minor scare from some advanced AdWords advertisers. They noticed that Google's AdWords API all of a sudden stopped returning data for the KeywordMinCPC. Advertisers were nervous that they would no longer be able to see a keyword's minimum cost per click. Jeff Posnick from the AdWords API Team reassured us it was a minor and short bug. He said that it was excluded for a bit, but did not
- Google AdWords Minimum Bids Reach Â£55 or $100
A DigitalPoint Forums thread reports some advertisers are seeing minimum bids in their Google AdWords account as high as Â£55 or $100 US. Didn't AdWords drop the minimum bids with the new real time quality score? Yes, they did, but Google, as they said, did not remove that column from AdWords Editor or their API - just yet. I have a screen capture of this in action, provided by AdWordsProfessional.com: Pretty high those bids! Why
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- 7 Reasons Why Guest Posting is Integral to Any Linkbuilding Campaign, Sphinn
- 7 Speculations On What Lisa Barone Will Be Doing Next, HighRankings Forums
- AdSense Font change??, DigitalPoint Forums
- AOL To Launch BidPlace Ad Exchange, WebmasterWorld
- Do AdSense Link Units Have a Lower EPC?, WebmasterWorld
- Even the Queen of England loves Google, DigitalPoint Forums
- Google Does 180 And Says Dont Use Pretty Urls, Cre8asite Forums
- Google Says, Don't Rewrite Dynamic URLs To Static URLs, Sphinn
- Sitemap improves Quality Score?, DigitalPoint Forums
- Yahoo Forms Digital Advisory Council, WebmasterWorld