Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Redefines Search Engine Friendly Content
Beu notes a Google Webmaster Help Center document that the following paragraph has been removed: “Consider creating static copies of dynamic pages. Although the Google index includes dynamic pages, they comprise a small portion of our index. If you suspect that your dynamically generated pages (such as URLs containing question marks) are causing problems for our crawler, you might create static copies of these pages. If you create static copies, don’t forget to add your
- How Dependent Are You on Google AdWords?
What happens if you're using Google AdWords religiously and suffer some downtime (as a result of an AdWords phishing scam) or have your account under review? What if Google AdWords is your primary source of traffic? In a particular instance, a WebmasterWorld member believes that he's overly dependent on AdWords. A few other people can relate to this as well. If Google AdWords fails them, what else is left? Some worry that there is nothing.
- Google Confirms New AdSense Font Tests, Again!
Remember when I reported that Google confirmed that they would stop testing font styles in AdSense because it really annoyed their publishers? Well, it seems like Google is back at it again, testing new font options on some publisher ads. An official Google representative, AdSensePro Ashley, said in a Google Groups thread that they are testing revised font options on a "limited number of ad units." Here is her announcement: As you may have noticed,
- Google AdSense Forcing Publishers To Update Login Account Now
We have been telling you this will be coming for a while now. It now appears that many Google AdSense publishers are being forced to update their login information from their current username and password to a Google Account. A WebmasterWorld thread reports that Google seems to have removed the "skip as of now" option, when logging into Google Adsense. By removing that option, publishers are being forced to switch over to a Google Account.
- Google Mocks Link Exchange Offer
You and I see it all the time, webmasters or link builders emailing link exchange offers or posting comments or threads with link exchange offers. But a link builder had the 'nerve' (for lack of a better word), to post a public link exchange offer in not just a Google Group but in the the official "Google Webmaster Help" group, for all Googler's to see. What is kind of funny, is that a Google responded,
- Video Recap of Weekly Search Buzz :: August 17, 2008
Google's search share surpasses 70%. Take our Google penalty poll. What is the deal with Google and ranking software? Google get personal on personalizes results. Google shuts down FeedBurner ads and opens up AdSense for feeds. Google Reader improves sharing feature. Google fixes bugs with 404 reporting and sitemaps pending in webmaster tools. They also fixed bolding of search results for keyword matches. The Gmail outage was painful. Are you the most dependable SEO? SES
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- What's your favorite 404 page & why?, Google Groups
- AOL to Acquire Socialthing, WebmasterWorld
- How to do a non-www 301 redirect with a Yahoo! Store, Sphinn
- I think google has a new Algo, DigitalPoint Forums
- Login Detail Of Clients? The Procedure?, HighRankings Forums
- Major Flaw in Set geographic target (NOT), Google Groups
- T-Mobile to Offer First Phone With Google Software, DigitalPoint Forums
- The Introverts Guide to Conference Networking, Sphinn
- When SEO & Usability Go Head To Head, Sphinn
- Why is there no feedback link for News Search?, WebmasterWorld
- We Have A Baby On The Way!, Cre8asite Forums
- Is Twitter Cloaking Their Site to Show Adsense Ads in Their Cache?, Sphinn