Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- How Do You Keep Track of Keyword Rankings?
When you do your keyword research, my bet is that you may have tens or hundreds of keywords to choose from. How do you keep track of it and monitor your rankings? A High Rankings Forum thread asks this question. One member still uses the old-fashioned pen and paper tool. I've seen most people use an Excel spreadsheet, and one member at the forum suggests that. Do you know of any current programs that monitor
- Interview Questions for SEO: What Would You Ask?
Marios Alexandrou wrote a pretty cool post about the 55 questions you'd ask a would-be SEO which is probably the most recent post in my best Internet marketing posts thread and also hit the Sphinn homepage yesterday. Most of the questions initially talk about your SEO experience, if you understand META tags, if you have any opinions on link buying, if you understand the difference between SEO and SEM, if you understand why Wikipedia ranks
- The Position 6 Google Penalty?
WebmasterWorld administrator, tedster, has compiled the feedback of the December 2007 Google SERP Changes thread, which we covered earlier in a new WebmasterWorld thread. In this thread, he says there is a pattern of reports he has been noticing where webmasters are reporting that their rankings have dropped for some searches from a position two to a position six. Tedster summarizes his findings: Well established site with a long history. Long time good rankings for
- Google AdSense Testing New Report: AdSense Unit Data
As early as on December 14th, AdSense publisher began noticing new report options available to them. The new report type, found in the "advanced reports" section directly under the Aggregate data" and "Channel Data" options was named ""AdSense unit data." This report is suppose to help those who are using the new manage ads feature, which was announced back in October but not launched until mid-November. Many AdSense publishers, like myself, still do not have
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Best Internet Marketing Blog Posts of 2007, Sphinn
- AdSense New Years Resolutions (Goals), DigitalPoint Forums
- Site Exclusion: Are you affected?, Search Engine Watch Forums
- Can You Break The Google Lock?, Cre8asite Forums
- How to Design a Proper Search Engine Experiment: Finding Google's Rules on Your Own!, Sphinn
- unsubscribe impossible in french langage, Google Groups