The folks over at Google Webmaster Central keep pumping out more and more features. The latest feature is showing how other sites link to you, by showing the "most common words used in anchor text to your site."
How do you see the information? (1) Login to Google Webmaster Central sitemaps (2) Click on Statistics at the top (3) Click on Page Analysis on the left (4) Look at right bottom portion of the screen where it says "In external links to your site"
That report shows the top anchor text links used to point to your site. Now you can also download them all by going to the bottom of the page and clicking download this table.
In Danny Sullivan's Google Now Reporting Anchor Text Phrases he describes more on how to dig deeper into these results. But he also adds a wish list which I full support...
(1) Anchor Keywords: I know, I abused them when starting out this story. But they can be useful to see in addition anchor phrases. So let's have them both!
(2) Number Of Links: It's great that I can see the exact way people are linking to me, but how about the number of those links? Just how many more people link to me using the number one phrase versus the number two phrase? Enquiring minds want to know!
(3) Who Links? Let me drill down into any particular phrase and see the exact pages that are linking to me in that way. This I want more than anything else, especially because, as I'll explain, it's something you can't get easily from any of the major search engines.
So what are the top 10 anchor text phrases in my report the Search Engine Roundtable?
- search engine roundtable
- google allows adsense publishers to click play button
- barry schwartz
- google mini fridge is back
- keyword tools
- comments 0
- click here to verify
- http www seroundtable com
Forum discussion at WebmasterWorld.