The twenty-second edition of the Search Pulse is now available for download. We started off with a short discussion on Google's click fraud numbers. We then talked about the NOYDIR tag, followed up with discussion on index updates from Yahoo!, Ask.com, and Google. We also discussed legal issues in search, Microsoft's adCenter bug and much more. The topics we covered are listed below, in order of priority (based on search community buzz). You can download the MP3 file here and listen at your convenience.
Topics We Covered:
- Click Fraud is 0.02%, Invalid Clicks 10%, $1B Lost To Click Fraud Yearly
- Yahoo! Adds NOYDIR Support To Exclude Yahoo! Directory Titles in Yahoo! Search Results
- NOYDIR Tag By Yahoo! Does Not Impact Rankings
- Global Yahoo! Search Index Update
- Possible Ask.com Search Index Update?
- Google March 2007 Image Update
- Google March 2007 PageRank Update?
- Google Updating Site Command For SEOs & Webmasters
- Search Engines Can Choose Not To Run Your Ads
- Paused Google AdWords Ads Still Running
- Google Ranking Well in Yahoo! Search UK For "Buy Viagra"
- Microsoft adCenter Conversion Tracking Reporting Inflated Figures?
- Microsoft Refunds adCenter Advertisers Too Much
- More Yahoo! Publisher's Noticing Compliance Manager Warnings
- The Power Of Digg In Link Building
- The Down Side Of Getting Digged
- Building A Keyword List For A Web Site
- What Happens When Your Google Adsense Earnings or EPC Drops Overnight
- More Google Talk Blank AdSense Ads Spotted
- Google Reinclusion Requests Going Unheard Or Not? Getting Your Site Back in Google.com
- Do MSN Live.com Search Reinclusion Requests Work?
- How Do You Submit Pages to Ask.com's Search Index?
- Google Publishes Mobile Sitemaps Patent Application
- Search Engine Marketers Debate Social Media
- USA Today Adds Social 2.0 Features
- Canadian Companies Now Invited To Be Google AdWords Qualified Professionals
- Yahoo! Search Marketing Minimum Bids $0.10: Grandfathered Bids No Longer
- Why Are Google News Searches Not Geo Specific?
- New Website Lost By Hosting Company
- What To Do When A Google Groups Administrator Dies
- Does The Order of META Tags Impact Search Rankings?
- Good Google AdSense Resources
- Google Related Links Are Not AdSense Ads
- New SEO Classes & Upcoming Search Marketing Events - March 2007
- Yahoo! Changes Yahoo Search Submit Express to Basic & Adds Analytics
See you next week for the 23rd edition!
Past Shows: - February 27, 2007: Twentieth Second Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Design, Google Update, Patent Apps, AdWords Algorithm, Yahoo! Search, Microsoft adCenter, SEO Training & More - February 27, 2007: Twentieth First Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Valentines, AdWords Score, SEO Galore, AJAX, Anchor Text, Wikipedia, Yahoo, Google, & More - February 13, 2007: Nineteenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Rand Proposes, Google Sitelinks Update, Search Algorithms, StumbleUpon, SEO, PageRank, Yahoo, Keyword Tools & More - February 6, 2007: Eighteenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Google Link Tool & Fox, Personalized Google, Yahoo Panama Live, PageRank, Site Explorer, Local, Poor SEO & More - January 30, 2007: Seventeenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Googlebombs, Yahoo Titles, YouTube Rev Share, Panama Monday, SEO, AdSense, PageRank, Groups & More - January 23, 2007: Sixteenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Wikipedia Nofollows SEOs, Google Follows Wikipedia, Yahoo! Search Update, SEO Titles, Google Site Command, Google Germany, 301s vs. 302s & More - January 16, 2007: Fifteenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Best Search Blogs, PPC & Organic, DMOZ Back, Debra Mastaler Guests, Related Google Searches & More - January 2, 2007: Fourteenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Search Holidays, New Years, Google Update, Blog Tips, Social Links, Paid Reviews, Ask.com X, AdWords & More - December 19, 2006: Thirteenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Google Link Building, Duplicate Content, CSS Tricks, Images Near AdSense, Yahoo! Directory Tag, Here Comes Panama, & More - December 12, 2006: Twelfth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: SES Recap, Versioning SEO, Contact Google, Yahoo, Google, Click Fraud, Duplicate Content, AdWords, Microsoft & More - December 5, 2006: Eleventh Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Google Spam Tools, Danny & SEW, Chris Boggs & SEW, Ask AskCity, MSN Bot, Yahoo Topics & Much More - November 28, 2006: Tenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Turkey Day, Google Spam, SES Chicago, MSN Update, AdWords Denial, Holiday Gifts, Yahoo Jobs & More - November 21, 2006: Ninth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: PubCon Vegas, Hefner's Sky Villa, Google Update, Yahoo's Compliance, Microsoft's Banning, AdWords Quality, Sitemaps Protocol & More - November 7, 2006: Eighth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Google AdWords Update, MSN Search Update, PageRank Update, SEO, PubCon Coverage, Firefox, JotSpot, Yahoo! Eggs, & More - October 31, 2006: Seventh Edition of Search Pulse Live: Halloween, Yahoo's Panama, Did-It, Ask.com Mobile, MSN Links, Eric Schmidt, 30 Point Penality, & More - October 10, 2006: Sixth Edition of Search Pulse Live: Tim Mayer on NOODP Tag, GooTube, Google News Porn, SEO, PageRank, Pinging, Code Search, SearchMash, Yahoo Panama UK, Mobile AdSense & More - October 4, 2006: Fifth Edition of Search Pulse Live: Google Maps Bug, PageRank Update, 8th BDay, Links, Matt Cutts, Daniel Read, Ask.com, adCenter, Apax, & More - September 26, 2006: Fourth Edition of Search Pulse Live: Google.com Rankings Anywhere, Live.com Fixed, Canada Not Welcome, Danny's B-Day, Yahoo! Ad Growth, Google Product Search Changes & More - September 19, 2006: Third Edition of Search Pulse Live: Live.com, AdWords Test, Intuit & Google, Yahoo! Ads, Supplementals, Belgian Cache, OneBox Spam, Adam Lasnik on Links - September 12, 2006: Second Edition of Search Pulse Live: Google News Archive, Sitelinks, AdWords Preview, Sullivan PubCon, ChaCha & More... - September 6, 2006: First Edition of Search Pulse Live: Sullivan Leaves SEW, AdSense Lawsuit, Yahoo Blog Search, Keywords in URLs, New URLs, Navigational Search, Google Apps & More