The twenty-first edition of the Search Pulse is now available for download. To kick off the show we had some discussion on our new design here at the Search Engine Roundtable. We then got into the Google Presidents Day update, followed by a Google patent application discussion. Microsoft had a large adCenter bug, and Yahoo! Search Marketing also had a PPC bug. We discussed the Google AdWords algorithm and many more topics. The topics we covered are listed below, in order of priority (based on search community buzz). You can download the MP3 file here and listen at your convenience
Topics We Covered:
- Version 3 Of The Search Engine Roundtable with Design Update For Search Engine Roundtable
- Presidents Day Google Algorithm Update?
- Google Patent Application On Personalization & Removing Documents From Google.com
- Microsoft adCenter CPC Costs Spike: Known Bug with Microsoft Refunds adCenter Advertisers Over Weekend
- Technical Glitch Charges Yahoo! Advertisers 42 Times
- Google AdWords Quality Score Algorithm Update Now Live with Advertisers Speak On New AdWords Quality Score Algorithm
- How Long Do You Spend "Training" A Client After SEO or Design Work Is Done?
- Does Google Use Click Data For Ranking Purposes?
- Google To Show AdWords Advertisers Where Contextual Ads Are Displayed
- Google Not To Include Quality Score In AdWords API
- Yahoo! Search Now Highlighting Keywords In Cache Results
- Keywords in AdWords Being Activated & Inactivated Automatically?
- Google Maps Sends Health Emergencies To Wrong Location with Find Road & Map Errors On Google Maps? How To Report Them
- Google Testing Italics Titles in AdSense Ads
- Google Testing Special Video AdSense Units?
- Google's Gmail Does Show Thematic Ads At Top
- Google Apps Premier Edition Launches
- Google Sending Out More Google Coolers To AdWords Advertisers
- Can You Remove "Google Custom Search" From Search Box?
- Geo Targeting Tips With Yahoo! Search Marketing
- Google AdWords Editor Version 3.0 Available
- Promoting Google Referral Products Using AdWords & Google Pages
- Google Maps Stickers Are For UK Businesses Only
- Google Images Now Back With Old Design
- Is Google Apps Domain Verification Asking For Trouble?
- Yahoo! Introduces YahooPete As YSM Rep; YahooSarah Now YPN Rep
- WebmasterWorld Launches SMO Forum Named Social Media Tagging & Bookmarking Optimization
- Cre8asite Forums Launches Social Media And Tagging Forum & Adds Li Adds Mod
- Ask.com Renews With LookSmart
The topic list is in order of how I wanted the conversation to go. I felt that these were the most talked about and discussed topics in the search community. Again, you can listen to the MP3 file here.
See you next week for the 22nd edition!
Past Shows: - February 27, 2007: Twentieth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Valentines, AdWords Score, SEO Galore, AJAX, Anchor Text, Wikipedia, Yahoo, Google, & More - February 13, 2007: Nineteenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Rand Proposes, Google Sitelinks Update, Search Algorithms, StumbleUpon, SEO, PageRank, Yahoo, Keyword Tools & More - February 6, 2007: Eighteenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Google Link Tool & Fox, Personalized Google, Yahoo Panama Live, PageRank, Site Explorer, Local, Poor SEO & More - January 30, 2007: Seventeenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Googlebombs, Yahoo Titles, YouTube Rev Share, Panama Monday, SEO, AdSense, PageRank, Groups & More - January 23, 2007: Sixteenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Wikipedia Nofollows SEOs, Google Follows Wikipedia, Yahoo! Search Update, SEO Titles, Google Site Command, Google Germany, 301s vs. 302s & More - January 16, 2007: Fifteenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Best Search Blogs, PPC & Organic, DMOZ Back, Debra Mastaler Guests, Related Google Searches & More - January 2, 2007: Fourteenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Search Holidays, New Years, Google Update, Blog Tips, Social Links, Paid Reviews, Ask.com X, AdWords & More - December 19, 2006: Thirteenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Google Link Building, Duplicate Content, CSS Tricks, Images Near AdSense, Yahoo! Directory Tag, Here Comes Panama, & More - December 12, 2006: Twelfth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: SES Recap, Versioning SEO, Contact Google, Yahoo, Google, Click Fraud, Duplicate Content, AdWords, Microsoft & More - December 5, 2006: Eleventh Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Google Spam Tools, Danny & SEW, Chris Boggs & SEW, Ask AskCity, MSN Bot, Yahoo Topics & Much More - November 28, 2006: Tenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Turkey Day, Google Spam, SES Chicago, MSN Update, AdWords Denial, Holiday Gifts, Yahoo Jobs & More - November 21, 2006: Ninth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: PubCon Vegas, Hefner's Sky Villa, Google Update, Yahoo's Compliance, Microsoft's Banning, AdWords Quality, Sitemaps Protocol & More - November 7, 2006: Eighth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Google AdWords Update, MSN Search Update, PageRank Update, SEO, PubCon Coverage, Firefox, JotSpot, Yahoo! Eggs, & More - October 31, 2006: Seventh Edition of Search Pulse Live: Halloween, Yahoo's Panama, Did-It, Ask.com Mobile, MSN Links, Eric Schmidt, 30 Point Penality, & More - October 10, 2006: Sixth Edition of Search Pulse Live: Tim Mayer on NOODP Tag, GooTube, Google News Porn, SEO, PageRank, Pinging, Code Search, SearchMash, Yahoo Panama UK, Mobile AdSense & More - October 4, 2006: Fifth Edition of Search Pulse Live: Google Maps Bug, PageRank Update, 8th BDay, Links, Matt Cutts, Daniel Read, Ask.com, adCenter, Apax, & More - September 26, 2006: Fourth Edition of Search Pulse Live: Google.com Rankings Anywhere, Live.com Fixed, Canada Not Welcome, Danny's B-Day, Yahoo! Ad Growth, Google Product Search Changes & More - September 19, 2006: Third Edition of Search Pulse Live: Live.com, AdWords Test, Intuit & Google, Yahoo! Ads, Supplementals, Belgian Cache, OneBox Spam, Adam Lasnik on Links - September 12, 2006: Second Edition of Search Pulse Live: Google News Archive, Sitelinks, AdWords Preview, Sullivan PubCon, ChaCha & More... - September 6, 2006: First Edition of Search Pulse Live: Sullivan Leaves SEW, AdSense Lawsuit, Yahoo Blog Search, Keywords in URLs, New URLs, Navigational Search, Google Apps & More