The sixteenth edition of the Search Pulse is now available for download. We talked about how Google solved some of their Googlebombs issues. We also talked about the Yahoo Title issue that is now resolved. Yahoo! Search Marketing's Panama is coming this Monday. We talked about YouTube sharing revenue with users, and the possibility of spam videos. Plus many more fun topics with Google, Yahoo!, Microsoft Live Search and some SEO tips. The topics we covered are listed below, in order of priority (based on search community buzz). You can download the MP3 file here and listen at your convenience.
Update: Show archive link fixed, you can now listen to the archive here.
Topics We Covered:
- Yahoo! Fixes Titles in Search Results Sourced From Internal Anchor Text
- Ready Or Not, Here Comes Panama: New Yahoo Sponsored Listings Ranking Model Coming Feb. 5th
- YouTube to Share Ad Revenue with Users - "Spideos" Here We Come?
- Writing Search Engine Friendly Titles
- More PageRank Changes at Google?
- Toolbar PageRank Without Page Being Indexed in Google?
- Yahoo! Site Explorer Wants You To Show Off Your Links With Badges
- Google Bombs Defused? Google Updates Link Analysis Algorithm
- "My Publishers" Tab Found in Some Google AdSense Accounts
- Google Offering "Custom Placement Packs" AdSense Publishers
- Google Groups Launches New Design
- Google Images Undergoes Redesign
- Google Tests AdSense Message Inbox & Personalized AdSense Optimization Tips
- Google AdSense Adds Channels By Advertiser: Ad Placement
- YouTube Videos Now in Google Video Search
- Open Advice to Yahoo! Regarding New Search Marketing Tool, Panama
- Google's Quality Score To Impact Ads on Content Network (AdSense)
- Google AdWords Professional Verification Seal Not Verifying
- Vote For The Godmother of Search
- Google AdWords Sorting Bug Now Fixed
- Google TV Hoax - No DNS Information Found
- Microsoft adCenter Beta Driving More Traffic?
- Overture Keyword Suggestion Tool Offline?
- Continued Reports of Live.com Page Submission Tool Problems
- SES London 2007 Coming Soon
- Google To Provide AdWords Customers With More Detailed Budget Analysis?
- Google AdWords Editor For Apple Mac
- Yahoo! Publisher Network Advice to Yahoo!
FYI - Matt Cutts did agree to come on the show to discuss the Googlebomb bit, but there was a miscommunication on timing. 5PM was the time, but EST vs PST was the issue. My fault, hope to get him on soon.
See you next week for the 17th edition!
Past Shows: - January 23, 2007: Sixteenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Wikipedia Nofollows SEOs, Google Follows Wikipedia, Yahoo! Search Update, SEO Titles, Google Site Command, Google Germany, 301s vs. 302s & More - January 16, 2007: Fifteenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Best Search Blogs, PPC & Organic, DMOZ Back, Debra Mastaler Guests, Related Google Searches & More - January 2, 2007: Fourteenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Search Holidays, New Years, Google Update, Blog Tips, Social Links, Paid Reviews, Ask.com X, AdWords & More - December 19, 2006: Thirteenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Google Link Building, Duplicate Content, CSS Tricks, Images Near AdSense, Yahoo! Directory Tag, Here Comes Panama, & More - December 12, 2006: Twelfth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: SES Recap, Versioning SEO, Contact Google, Yahoo, Google, Click Fraud, Duplicate Content, AdWords, Microsoft & More - December 5, 2006: Eleventh Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Google Spam Tools, Danny & SEW, Chris Boggs & SEW, Ask AskCity, MSN Bot, Yahoo Topics & Much More - November 28, 2006: Tenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Turkey Day, Google Spam, SES Chicago, MSN Update, AdWords Denial, Holiday Gifts, Yahoo Jobs & More - November 21, 2006: Ninth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: PubCon Vegas, Hefner's Sky Villa, Google Update, Yahoo's Compliance, Microsoft's Banning, AdWords Quality, Sitemaps Protocol & More - November 7, 2006: Eighth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Google AdWords Update, MSN Search Update, PageRank Update, SEO, PubCon Coverage, Firefox, JotSpot, Yahoo! Eggs, & More - October 31, 2006: Seventh Edition of Search Pulse Live: Halloween, Yahoo's Panama, Did-It, Ask.com Mobile, MSN Links, Eric Schmidt, 30 Point Penality, & More - October 10, 2006: Sixth Edition of Search Pulse Live: Tim Mayer on NOODP Tag, GooTube, Google News Porn, SEO, PageRank, Pinging, Code Search, SearchMash, Yahoo Panama UK, Mobile AdSense & More - October 4, 2006: Fifth Edition of Search Pulse Live: Google Maps Bug, PageRank Update, 8th BDay, Links, Matt Cutts, Daniel Read, Ask.com, adCenter, Apax, & More - September 26, 2006: Fourth Edition of Search Pulse Live: Google.com Rankings Anywhere, Live.com Fixed, Canada Not Welcome, Danny's B-Day, Yahoo! Ad Growth, Google Product Search Changes & More - September 19, 2006: Third Edition of Search Pulse Live: Live.com, AdWords Test, Intuit & Google, Yahoo! Ads, Supplementals, Belgian Cache, OneBox Spam, Adam Lasnik on Links - September 12, 2006: Second Edition of Search Pulse Live: Google News Archive, Sitelinks, AdWords Preview, Sullivan PubCon, ChaCha & More... - September 6, 2006: First Edition of Search Pulse Live: Sullivan Leaves SEW, AdSense Lawsuit, Yahoo Blog Search, Keywords in URLs, New URLs, Navigational Search, Google Apps & More