Now that I possibly convinced you that SEO is different by engine, how do you build links that Yahoo! would find important? That is the featured discussion at WebmasterWorld named Yahoo - Where to Start with Link SEO.
I'll summarize some of the points, but the thread is worth a read...
- Get ODP/Dmoz links
- Get related directory links
- Trade links with related but not competing businesses
- Send out articles for other sites to syndicate (include links in them back to you)
- Use Yahoo!'s Site Explorer Tool
- Link bait!
- Get on the good side of bloggers
- KEY: Try to get the attention of local media
Now, don't these all work at also Google & MSN? Or maybe not...
Forum discussion at WebmasterWorld.