A thread at Search Engine Watch Forums about an announcement that Yahoo Upgrading bursted into a outcry by some Yahoo! Search Marketing PPC managers. So much so, moderator, sebastian started a thread named 10 Reasons Yahoo Should Kill Direct Traffic Center. The list is now a bit larger with reasons why the DTC is disliked by PPC managers. Here is the list:
1) DTC (Direct Traffic Center) is excruciatingly slow.
2) DTC reporting is over 24 hours behind
3) DTC requires almost weekly updates *(see #4)
4) DTC updates always make DTC worse * (see #5)
5) DTC updates not only run longer than expected, but DTC will usually not work at all after an "update"
6) Your reps will "all-of-a-sudden" not be there to answer the phone when DTC is down. Are ya listenin M.A. ???
7) You can only create "one-word" categories for organization
8) Deleting keywords and phrases does not always do so ...trust me, finding out later that you spent $100 on words you thought you deleted is quite common and highly aggravating ...can i get a witness?
9) DTC is a joke with respects to User Interface Design. I have since learned that Yahoo inherited DTC from a previous acquisition. ...Know when to fold 'em big guys.
10) Direct Traffic Center is a stupid name ...much like Yahoo Search Marketing. Brand managers at Yahoo should be fired.
11) DTC reports are a joke. Even when they are working, they don't always give you the information you need. In other words, "NO CUSTOMIZATION!"
In fact, some members are willing to pull their ads down for five whole days in order to protest. That can mean a lot of money lost for lots of different people.