Barbara's stipend was approved on May 15 and she began drawing it on that date. She began taking it because she also assumed a second hat, that of acting executive director, in addition to her role as president.
I'm told that this was going to be announced at the meeting Monday even before Mike's article raised the issue. In addition, I'm told these are other points that were planned to be discussed, of items that have been in the works already:
* A search for an experienced executive director is to begin with the goal of having them onboard by December 2004. Barbara will then step down as president and acting executive director and just be chair of the board.
* There were already plans to have the membership nominate and elect a board member by December 2004 - this will be done faster if the board can determine a way to do this.
* The entire board is up for renewal in March 2005 - at that point, the plan is to stagger elections of new board members.
* Financials for the SEMPO year end were posted on the member-only website in April.
* Minutes of all board meetings are available to anyone who asks and SEMPO's seeking a way to put them online in the members area.
New items that were not already on the agenda that have been added in the wake of the article and various forum discussions will include:
* budget spend to date * income * future budgets * accomplishments * admission of shortcomings with member communication and steps being taken to correct this * update on a current research project * update on an upcoming SEM advertising campaign
That's what I've got. I'm sure people have follow up questions. If so, I'd say the most constructive thing is to list what else you'd like to hear, know or have expanded at the meeting Monday night.